how to permanently get rid of bedbugs
Treatment instructions from: http://www.unbugged.com
- Attach any necessary nozzle to your steamer (large flat ones like this work best for beds). Also, wrap a cloth around the nozzle to increase the reach.
- Fill up your steamer with water and heat it up to the maximum setting. For detail instructions on using the Vapamore MR-100 Primo, click here. For instructions on other steamers, click here.
- Once the steamer has heated up enough, point the nozzle away from you and slowly move it up the seams of the hole bed at about 2 inches per second.
- Pay extra attention to the corners and flaps if your mattress has them.
- Once you have steamed the top and sides of the mattress, flip it over with the help of a friend and do the same treatment to the other side.
- Take out your contact killer spray (Bedlam, Bedlam Plus, or Steri-Fab).
- Spray around the seams and corners of your mattress first. Hold the spray can about 12 inches away from the mattress and spray at a speed of about 6 inches per second.
- Flip the mattress and repeat just like with the steam.
- Let your bed sit alone for at least 4 hours before you put anything back onto it.